Head of Service: Lyudmila G. Scharinskaja
Phone: (+73822) 78-51-26
Location: New Building, 2nd floor
Opening hours: Mon. – Fri. 9 am – 9 pm
Sat. 9 am – 3 pm
Sun. 9 am – 3 pm
Last Thursday of the month – cleaning day
- Individual and group consultations on methods of working with references and bibliographies work, and on searching and using library sources, including electronic ones.
- Working with subject related, clarifying, library-addressed, and factual requests in a verbal or written “request/response” manner.
- Adjusting and clarifying incorrect or missing information about books or articles.
- Searching for specific facts, and clarifying terminology, misunderstood words, and abbreviations.
- Providing access to local and remote electronic resources.
- Advising on rules and terms for writing reports, term papers, and diploma theses and on adjusting bibliographic lists and references.
- Consulting on selecting literature for writing reports, term papers, diploma theses, and dissertations.
- Indexing scientific publications and diploma theses according to UDC (Universal Decimal Classification) and LBC (Library Bibliographic Classification) lists.
- Exhibiting the latest periodicals and current bibliographic titles.
- Giving related tours of the library.
- Providing working places with computers and access to electronic scientific and educational resources.
- Providing study rooms for individual and group work (to be booked in advance).
Additional paid services
- Copying information onto data storage devices.
- Black-and-white printing.
- Editing lists for research papers.
- Arranging seminars on working with citation databases: Russian Science Citation Index, Web of Science, SCOPUS (for library staff and researchers of other organizations).
The bibliographers of the reading room constantly work on improving reference and information services, developing and offering new ways of using library materials, and introducing faculty, students, and postgraduates to electronic scientific and educational resources. Particular attention is paid to General Public Users, for whom new algorithms of working with resources and reference materials are created for them.
Stock of reference and information bibliographic items
- Items from the state bibliography: year-books, books, book chronicles, chronicles of magazine articles, etc.
- Current branch specific bibliographic indices and abstract journals from the Institute of Scientific Information on Social Sciences and the Russian Academy of Sciences (INION RAN)
- Abstract journals on Natural Sciences and Engineering of All-Russian Institute for Scientific and Technical Information (VINITI RAN)
- Retrospective bibliographic indices (general, branch specific, regional and area studies, subject oriented, individual, etc.)
- General and branch specific reference books; encyclopedias, biographical, biobibliographical, and language dictionaries; statistical reference books and other documents.
- Economic and legal resources: ConsultantPlus, Garant Codex
- Foreign abstract citation databases, such as the Web of Science, and SCOPUS
- Russian and international full-text databases of books, journals, dissertations, and patents
- Russian print journals from 2015-2016